According to the United States Department of Agriculture, bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits on the planet, as well as one of the most nutritious superfoods. However, is this fruit also harmful to human health if used incorrectly.
Nutritionist San Diego, USA named Laura Flore said that bananas have a lot of antioxidants, protect the body from free radicals, in addition, it is also a food that helps increase the content of magnesium, potassium, vitamins. C and vitamin B6. The outstanding advantages of bananas compared to other fruits are indisputable.
Banana is a “golden fruit” that is very good for health and digestive system:
1. Eating bananas has the effect of supporting weight loss
Vitamin B6 in bananas has the effect of burning unnecessary excess fat in the body. Bananas help you reduce cravings and maintain a stable blood sugar level.
2. Eating bananas has the effect of improving exercise efficiency
Bananas are a great source of healthy carbohydrates, almost as effective as energy drinks for athletes. Each banana has antioxidants, fiber, vitamin B-6 and about 12mg of Choline, a type of vitamin. Vitamins help eliminate genes that cause belly fat. The abundant amount of glucose in bananas will be a useful source of energy for exercise as well as recovery after exercise.
3. Boost immunity
The iron in bananas helps in the production of red blood cells, Vitamin B6, which is good for the heart and immunity of the body. Many experts believe that eating bananas helps cool your body temperature when you have a fever.
4. Enhance eyesight
The nutrients found in bananas such as Vitamin C, vitamin A help improve eyesight, Beta Caroten, Vitamin E is an antioxidant and beneficial for the eyes, plus Lutein is a substance that helps reduce the risk of macular degeneration very good for eyes and improve eyesight significantly.
One banana has only about 105 calories but contains up to 12% of the recommended daily fiber intake. Fiber plays an important role in gastrointestinal health. Eating large amounts of fiber can reduce your risk of heart disease and even certain types of cancer. One banana has only about 105 calories but contains up to 12% of the recommended daily fiber intake. Fiber plays an important role in gastrointestinal health. Eating large amounts of fiber can reduce your risk of heart disease and even certain types of cancer.
6. Improve gut
Improve digestion, laxative Considered a miracle fruit for the digestive system, bananas contain prebiotics, a type of fermentable fiber that helps good bacteria in the gut thrive. Bananas also help reduce stomach ulcers, regenerate the stomach lining, if anyone has any intestinal problems, they should also eat bananas to improve the situation.
In addition, other benefits from bananas will surprise you:
Bananas help overcome depression because they are high in tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin – a neurotransmitter, which helps regulate mood and bring happiness to people. Eating 2 bananas before a tiring working day will provide adequate energy for the body, maintain your blood sugar. Protect the body against the symptoms of cramps, if you often have cramps at night, eat 1 banana a day to cure this disease.
– Fights calcium loss and builds strong bones.
– Improve your mood and reduce premenstrual symptoms (PMS) such as fatigue, irritability, depression… According to statistics, 3 out of 4 women say they experience PMS menstrual period, 7% of women have very severe. Just eating a banana a day will help regulate blood sugar and reduce stress.
– Bananas have the effect of reducing swelling, protecting the body against type II diabetes, supporting weight loss, and strengthening the nervous system thanks to its high vitamin B-6 content.
– Banana is also known as a blood tonic food and reduces anemia by the iron source found in bananas.
– The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has certified bananas as a food that can reduce blood pressure, promote heart health, prevent stroke because bananas are high in potassium and low in salt.
Besides, everyone must also eat right to avoid affecting health:
- Besides the amazing benefits of bananas, it can also be harmful to health.For patients with heart disease, beta-blockers are often used, which cause high levels of potassium in the blood.Adding foods rich in potassium such as bananas will have a significant impact on health.
- Bananas can also harm the kidneys.Eating too much potassium can be harmful for people with kidney damage.Because if the kidneys can’t work properly to remove excess potassium from the blood, it can be fatal.
- Therefore, it is necessary to eat bananas in moderation.Dietitian Flores said that patients with headaches should limit their intake of bananas because “the amino acids in bananas dilate blood vessels. Ripe bananas contain more amino acids than green bananas. In addition, a “harmful” hasIn bananas is that it can cause drowsiness when eaten too much because tryptophan, magnesium in bananas has a relaxing effect on muscles – but it will backfire if you are tired, sluggish.
- Eating bananas becomes dangerous if you eat too much.The US Department of Agriculture recommends that consumers should only eat about 2 bananas per day, if loaded into the body dozens of bananas will cause vitamin and mineral disturbances in the body.
- The University of Maryland Medical Center conducted a study on the pathogenicity threshold of bananas.They suggest that eating about 43 bananas in a short time will show symptoms of hyperkalemia.This leads to muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat, and even temporary paralysis
- The NIH says that consuming more than 500mg of vitamin B6 per day can lead to nerve damage in the hands and feet.There is nothing to worry about because to get the amount of vitamin B6 that affects health, people need to eat thousands of bananas.